Electricity is included in your villa rental.
However, due to the extremely high costs of electricity in the Dominican Republic, we kindly ask you to be mindful of using electricity and to keep your consumption at a minimum – if possible and if it is not an inconvenience for you!
Please keep a few things in mind:
- The air conditioner will probably be your largest consumer of electricity. Set the temperature to 78 degrees or higher, use ceiling fans instead of the air conditioner and/or open the windows to let the breeze run through the rooms.
- Keep windows and doors closed when the air conditioner is on.
- Turn off the air conditioner when you leave a room.
- Keep the curtains closed during the day to prevent the sunlight from heating up the villa.
- Turn off the lights and TV when you leave a room.
- Unplug your gadgets (phone, computer, etc.) when you leave the villa.
- Take quick showers using cool water and/or turn off the water in between lathering and rinsing.
- If your villa has a heater for the pool and/or Jacuzzi, please turn it off when your are not using it.