Electricity may or may not be included in your villa rental. If electricity is not included, you’ll read the meter upon check-in and checkout (together with your villa manager) in order to pay for your consumption.
Your electricity consumption for the duration of your stay will be charged upon checkout at US$ 0.50 per kWh.
To keep your consumption at a minimum, please keep a few things in mind:
- The air conditioner will probably be your largest consumer of electricity! Set the temperature to 78 degrees or higher, use ceiling fans instead of the air conditioner and/or open the windows to let the breeze run through the rooms.
- Keep windows and doors closed when the air conditioner is on.
- Turn off the air conditioner when you leave a room.
- Keep the curtains closed during the day to prevent the sunlight from heating up the villa.
- Turn off the lights and TV when you leave a room.
- Unplug your gadgets (phone, computer, etc.) when you leave the villa.
- Take quick showers using cool water and/or turn off the water in between lathering and rinsing.