Perhaps you’ve already heard that June 10th is Global Wellness Day (GWD)? The day is celebrated in many countries and cities worldwide – also in Punta Cana.
“One day can change your whole life!” as the GWD slogan goes.
Global Wellness Day began in Turkey in 2012 and last year GWD was celebrated in more than 90 countries and 3000 places. This year, GWD falls on June 10 and will be celebrated in more than 100 countries and 4000 places.
- To recognize the value of our lives
- To pause and think
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
“Wellness is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
– The World Health Organization
Ways to incorporate wellness into your daily life – at home and on vacation:
- Move your body for at least 1 hour daily
- Hydrate and drink more water
- Avoid the use of single-use plastics
- Eat healthy food
- Do good deeds
- Share meals with your family & friends
- Go to bed by 10 pm
Global Wellness Day in Punta Cana
If you’re on vacation in Punta Cana this June 10th, you can celebrate Global Wellness Day e.g. at Puntacana Resort & Club.
On June 9th there is a free Full Moon Yoga session at Six Senses Spa with certified yoga instructor Yira Carrasco Kemlin. The Full Moon Yoga class begins at 7 pm.
On June 10th you can participate in different activities around the resort. The Westin Puntacana Resort & Club will have yoga classes, activities for kids and a wellness workshop hosted by Six Senses Spa. Price for a day-pass to The Westin: Adults US$ 35 / Kids US$ 17 + tax.
Visit the Farmers Market at Puntacana Village and buy local, organic products. The market is open from 10 am until 1 pm.
If you would like to participate in any of these activities, please contact your Villa Manager directly!
To learn more about Global Wellness Day, visit their website: https://www.globalwellnessday.org